Wednesday, February 15, 2012

A Gift for a Bubble-- Card Report #8

Before our regularly scheduled programming, I'd like to send a shout-out and great big thank you to fabulous ski blogger Kim Kircher for featuring our crazy project on her blog! It was so great to see that in print. Thanks so much for your enthusiasm and generosity, Kim.



---------------------------------------


You'll recall that when I asked Dad what he wanted for his birthday, he said that all he wanted was a card. Goodness knows we delivered and are delivering on that. (Truly, still are. Feel free to keep spreading the word throughout the month!) I said early on that I would only send one card. I sent him a Thank You card for being such a great dad. It seemed only fitting. I also said that I was committed to send a gift only if one connected to the project hit me. 






And hit me it did.








What do you get for a man who is getting thousands of cards for his birthday?








One might suggest a larger mailbox, as one clever second grader did, but Mom and Dad get their mail at the post office.






Hmmmm...








So again, what do you get for a man who is getting thousands of cards for his birthday?














A letter opener! (In this case a somewhat tacky brass letter opener.) Sure, he's been using it and that's great, but my favorite part is that it'll sit on his desk as a reminder of the year that he was inundated with cards. I just love it!




Here's how it was wrapped up:






Even the packaging held a nice surprise. I bought my mailer at the post office and chose the first red one I saw, since red's his favorite color. One might even say that the circles look like bubbles, another nice touch. Or you could say that's a stretch. Either way, there's no denying the cool coincidence of this:



Day 8 Totals

Card Count: 717
Country Count: 16
Anticipated: 42+
Australia, The Bahamas, Bermuda, Brazil, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, China, Colombia, Cuba, Ecuador, Egypt, Ethiopia, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Latvia, The Netherlands, New Zealand, Pakistan, Poland, Puerto Rico, Singapore, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, St Vincent and the Grenadines, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Tanzania, United Kingdom, United States, US Virgin Islands

No comments:

Post a Comment