Tuesday, February 7, 2012

A Twinkle in His Voice-- Card Report #1

“I want to talk to Sarah,” I could hear Dad say when I called the house tonight.

“Did you know that I have friends all over?” he said with a twinkle in his voice. (I would say a twinkle in his eye, but I couldn’t see his eye and I could definitely hear it in his voice.) “Arizona, California, Washington, Spain, Puerto Rico, and Maryland. You told some people it’s my birthday, didn’t you?”

“I might have told a few,” I replied.

“Well whatever you’ve done, you’ve really had fun with it haven’t you?”

“Still am, Daddy. I’m enjoying this conversation.”

“I guess I did ask for a card, didn’t I?”

“You did indeed.”

It was a simple exchange really, but a fun one. He went on to tell me that he’s saving his cards to open on his birthday because he doesn’t “have anything better to do that day”. Grumpy man!

I’m thinking that by the time weekend rolls around, he’ll figure out that he’ll have more than enough cards to keep him amused for the day. Now he was 9 cards... soon hundreds, then thousands!

Wanna see the baby-sized card pile? 



Day 1 Totals

Card Count: 9

Country Count: 3
Anticipated: 37+
Australia, The Bahamas, Bermuda, Brazil, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, China, Colombia, Cuba, Egypt, Ethiopia, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Italy, Japan, The Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Puerto Rico, Singapore, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, St Vincent and the Grenadines, Switzerland, Taiwan, Tanzania, United Kingdom, United States, US Virgin Islands

No comments:

Post a Comment