Tuesday, January 31, 2012

So Tell Me, Is This Your Dad's Picture?

So my friend C is great. She's living in Buenos Aires and used to live in Japan and before that Copenhagen. I met her when she was living in Seattle. She has a fantastic sense of humor. Perfect person to talk to. Little did I know how perfect....


I wrote her a message yesterday and got a note back from her today. Actually I got 2 notes. The first tells me that she's up for it. She's not going to send mail from Argentina for problematic postal reasons, but she's in. She will ask friends in Japan and Hong Kong to get on board. Sweet. Then she goes on to say that she's found a great site that sends picture cards from New Zealand. Her e-mail ends with, "So tell me, is this your dad's picture?"


It is indeed. It's Dad swearing at me for taking his picture when we went sailing on Christmas eve. In jest, of course, but nonetheless, that's a picture of Dad calling me a jerk.

That being said, C got no confirmation before moving ahead with her next step.  She wrote, "I hope it is him because this card will be postmarked from NZ and will be sent BY 'the people of New Zealand'". Wouldn't that have been great if her Facebook stalking had yielded a picture of an uncle or cousin or someone we barely knew? 

As it turns out, there is a photo card of my dad coming to my dad on behalf of "the people of New Zealand". Oh, and it was sent by my American friend in Argentina. Awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment